Thursday, October 18, 2018

Anticipation! Waiting for my Moonlander 2 USB ASIC Miner from Futurebit

     Hey guys! I'm here today to share my how excited I am about the fact that tomorrows, my first ASIC miner will arrive so I can begin my first foray into the world of true mining. I got into mining not too long today, and have been using a fairly old laptop to mine Monero on Minergate (I am thinking of switching pools once I mine out one full XMR because I have been researching and there's a pretty wide consensus among the cryptocurrency mining community that Minergate takes part of your hashing power as a tax after they already have a 1.5% fee), and I am honestly pretty surprised at how well my computer has handled just CPU mining Monero (XMR), it has taken a while and it'll be maybe another week or two before I have a full one, but it's this that got me fascinated with the idea of mining.

     Now, obviously mining Bitcoin is almost impossible unless you cloud mine or are one of the people that runs a server farm (the majority of Bitcoin is mined in China by buildings purpose built to hold servers with the fastest GPUs, not giving many of us average people the chance to be able to mine Bitcoin). So, I decided to begin my journey into the world of cryptomining by order a Moonlander 2 USB ASIC miner from Futurebit. The shipping is a couple days behind schedule but the Futurebit customer service people have been amazing in answering all of my questions. If this goes well, I intend on expanding the hardware I have for mining exponentially for a few different types of coins.

     The Moonlander 2 mines 3 MH/s to 5 MH/s on Scrypt-based coins, a perfect intro speed for anyone looking to mine Litecoin or other other Scrypt based coins like Dogecoin, and many others that seem to have growing potential nowadays. If the Moonlander 2 can achieve of something that meets or exceeds my expectations, even with overclocking, I am pretty sure I am going to take the initiative and pick up a few used Bitmain ASIC to start seriously mining a couple of different currencies, I personally think that the future fortune that can be unlocked will be based on a variety of coins from different algorithms, making it intelligent and viable to mine several different coins.

     I see a future with there are a plethora of Ethereum based coins, Blake(14r), Scrypt, and Cryptonight coins that all have a hefty price increase, and this could be something that happens soon. Or, it could be that we are just waiting for the right coins to come along that will send the crypto world into a frenzy along the lines of Bitcoin (while probably not quite as huge, but still plenty to make some people very, very wealthy. I would suggest that people watch the crypto world like a hawk for the next three months, and keep a close eye on ICOs, because there are going to be coins coming out that will create a new opportunity for those of us who missed the Bitcoin or Ethereum wave. 

For anyone who is curious about a good way to get into mining cryptocurrency and be able to gain some experience to decide if stepping up and trying to go bigger is for you, here is the link to the Moonlander 2, it's reasonably priced and one of the most powerful stick ASICs on the market. http://infopade.com/4qDU

I will be doing an opening and set up guide for the Moonlander when I get it, so tune back in on Friday to get a special look at the Moonlander 2 and get a set up guide I will try to make as easy to understand as possible! Thanks for reading guys and, see ya soon!


P.S. I'd like to apologize for the inconvenience of the adf.ly links, this blog is just getting going and I am trying to find a way to help me be able to focus on it, and right now I am not bringing in any ad revenue but it's appreciated that you guys use the links and don't hate me about them.

No comments:

Post a Comment